cimco fabrik alt
View 1910

1827 

Johann Christian Peter Müller (1800 - 1880) from Gummersbach settles in Remscheid, Germany, as an independent blacksmith for hand-forged pliers. 

1841

Christian Müller becomes subject to trade tax, as he employs more than one assistant, namely “1 servant and 2 apprentices.”  

1852
Two of Christian Müller's three sons – Carl August (1831 - 1905) and Carl Julius Müller (1836 - 1912) - join their father's company “Chr. Pet. Müller”.

1880 

On the death of their father, the two sons remain plier manufacturers but with separate businesses. 
Carl Julius Müller establishes a plier factory at Lenneper Str. 1. The company of Carl Jul. Müller Werkzeugfabrik produces pliers for all purposes according to any sample or drawing.

1902

An engraving business is affiliated with the plier factory.

1904

Carl Jul. Müller & Co. is entered in the Commercial Register as a general partnership. One of Carl Julius Müller's sons – Carl Robert Müller (1877 - 1950) - joins the company as a partner, together with another shareholder. 

1905

Carl Julius Müller leaves the company. 

1906

Carl Robert Müller is now the sole proprietor of the company and the general partnership ceases to exist. The business is expanded by a trading company, which in addition to its own manufactured tools now also re-sells products of small-scale industry in Remscheid to the specialist trade. 

1910

The rapidly growing company moves into a larger factory building in Hohenhagener Straße. 

1937

Carl Robert Müller and his son Carl Julius Müller (1902 - 1986) found a general partnership. 

1938

The CIMCO brand is created. 

1939

The company is renamed CIMCO-Werkzeugfabrik Carl Julius Müller & Co. 

1941

The second son of Carl Robert Müller – Heinz Müller (1919 - 1944) - joins as a partner. 

1943

The business premises and a large part of the finished product warehouse in Eberhardstraße are destroyed in air raids. Next to the intact factory buildings in Hohenhagener Straße, provisional offices and a warehouse are established in sheds. 

1951

Construction of a new administration and warehouse building in Hohenhagener Straße. 

1952

Following the death of Carl Robert Müller, his daughter Gertrud Heuzeroth joins as a partner. 

1965

First appearance at the Basel trade fair in Switzerland, the main export market for the company. 

1970

The partner Gertrud Heuzeroth-Eisengrein leaves the company. The company is transformed into a “Kapitalgesellschaft” (corporation).

1971

The company of CIMCO becomes a “GmbH & Co. KG” (limited partnership). The stepchildren of Carl Julius Müller – Emilie Brodesser (1922 -) and her brother Karl Emil Quirl (1925 - 2004) – join as partners, Karl Quirl also joins the management. In the same year, he becomes sole Managing Director. 

1973
First appearance at the International Hardware Fair in Cologne. Carl Julius Müller leaves as Managing Partner. 
1974

First appearance at the Hanover Fair.

1977

The company is now called CIMCO-Werkzeugfabrik Carl Jul. Müller GmbH & Co. KG and celebrates its 150th company anniversary. 

1987

Karl Quirl's son Joachim Quirl (1961) joins the company. 

1991

Karl Quirl's other son – Harold Quirl (1960) – joins the company. 

1994

Karl Quirl leaves the company as Managing Director and becomes Chairman of the newly founded Advisory Board. His two sons take over management of the company. 

1999

Achim Ebbinghaus joins the management. 

2000

First appearance at “light+building” in Frankfurt am Main. 

2002

CIMCO-Werkzeugfabrik celebrates its 175th company anniversary. 

2007

Harold Quirl leaves as Managing Director. 

2008

The export business of CIMCO-Werkzeugfabrik is outsourced. The sister company CIMCO-International is founded with Detlef Wichmann (1954) as Managing Director. 

2012

The booth concept for the trade fair appearances is competely revised and CIMCO for the first time in its history, appears on 15.04.2012 with a double-decker booth at the “light + building” fair in Frankfurt am Main.

2013

Purchase of the site in Karl-Kahlhöfer-Str. 4 with subsequent start of building of the new logistics centre in November. 

2014

Our own show-case and store fixture is officially presented as CiLine brand.

2014

Opening of the new logistics centre with press conference in October. 

2015

Removal of stock to the new logistics centre in December.

2017

Foundation of our foreign company CIMCO-Nederland B.V.

2018Foundation of our foreign company CIMCO ITALIANA S.R.L.
 

Contact

CIMCO-Werkzeugfabrik
Carl Jul. Müller GmbH & Co. KG

Hohenhagener Str. 1-5

42855 Remscheid
Germany

PO box 10 02 63
42802 Remscheid


Tel.: +49 (0) 2191 3718-01
Fax: +49 (0) 2191 3718-86


info@cimco.de

You can contact us:
Mon - Thu   7:45 - 16:30 
Fri                    7:45 - 15:45 

 

© 2018 CIMCO - tool factory, All rights reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Login